Here is just a taste of what fun facts we offer you...
Before you go…sign up for our newsletter and we will send you many more...
- Forget everything you know about anything. France is just different. And travel is not
what it used to be. It requires patience.
- Passport: you can`t get back in Canada without this, so make sure you have a passport
valid for at least 6 months. And when you return, short lines for Nexus holders.
- Currency. Exchange some cash before you fly- you will need a bit of money when you get
there is you want to buy anything personal. There are “cambio” – currency exchanges all over France. They exchange currency at the going rate. The Euro has fluctuations daily, so be aware of the most
recent exchange rate. Cash machines are all over, but they do charge a fairly high fee. Use them as little as possible.
- Flying. I still find it a pleasure and a privilege. I love the fact that I get in a
plane, watch a few movies, eat some questionable food, walk around a bit at 35,000 ft, and voila! a few hours later I am halfway around the globe. I am all giddy over it.
- Insurance: get some. Either extended health as a basic or a package that insures travel
and health. The French health care system is one of the best in the world, if needed it will serve you, but it could be costly as you are an “etranger” –foreigner. You must have health insurance to
join our tous
- Carry on. Pack light. Don't be one of those crass people who insist that their
giant back pack is indeed a carry on. How they get by the gate agents are a mystery to me. Carry any and all precious items with you.
- Pharmacies are everywhere and available to all. You would be surprised what
you can get without a prescription here just by asking. Also, there are a lot of holistic pharmacies which use herbal remedies. The bright green cross on the side of a building indicates a medical
- Doctors will make house calls if necessary. It is part of their health care
service. If you are too sick to get to a hospital, they can be called. Be insured.
Heart In Provence provides you with many more tried and true tips to make your voyage as smooth as possible. Sign up for our free EBOOK and we will
keep you informed and happy.